Saturday, April 11, 2009

One week down

So I made it through one week on this crazy diet with only one day of adding in something extra (I had to have an egg one day I was dying for something besides vegetables). I have worked out every day after work now for two weeks straight! That is pretty exciting. I am only down three pounds right now so I have twelve more to go before the big weigh in on the 28th of this month. If I don’t lose 15 pounds before the 28th they are not going to let me have the surgery which is really scary to me right now. I am getting really frustrated and I am having bad cravings… I mean really, all I want is a piece of bread!
This morning I was driving my daughter to an Easter egg hunt and I swear I had to pass every fast food chain that there is getting down to the park. I can’t begin to describe passing these fast food restaurants and having the feeling that they are daunting me saying “you know you want to eat something here, come on just one little thing won’t hurt” I then was going to take to my daughter to McDonalds for being so good today but I knew that I wouldn’t be able to go through the drive through without ordering something for myself so I had to skip that today. So instead we came home and I had a big bowl zucchini and squash; as much as you want to believe it is, it is NOT the same as french fries and a burger (torture me now).
The thing I can’t understand is that you have to be put on this crazy hard diet before you have the surgery but the reason why you are having the surgery is because no diet has every worked for you before….. Hello! Does this make any sense to anybody else? I think that the weekend is going to be very difficult to get through because this is the time I usually eat out a lot and snack on unhealthy foods all day. I just have to keep focusing on the prize at the end of this which is a healthy life. I may have to vent more tomorrow we will have to see how the rest of the weekend goes. I am off to dream about all the things I can’t eat now :(

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Eat a portabello mushroom - they taste like steak and fill you up :-)

    ReplyDelete