Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 1 on "crazy diet"

Today was the first day that I began what I will now call the “crazy diet.” I was very prepared to start today but I have to admit it didn’t go as well as I hoped. I began my day with my protein drink which I was only able to get about half down before I almost threw up in the kitchen sink. It had the worst after taste ever it was so bitter I don’t know how I am going to get it down in the future. I will be looking at different brands and flavors I think. I guess what I did get down worked because I really didn’t start feeling hungry until about three hours later. I had a handful of carrots as a snack and they held me over for another hour and half until lunch. I wasn’t starving like I thought I would be but I was definitely hungry. I heated up my one zucchini and half a squash and broke open my first slim fast. I decided on vanilla flavor because that is what most people told me they like the best. I took my first big drink and thought to myself this isn’t so bad…. But then I took the second drink and it wasn’t that great…. The more I drank the more gross it started tasting. I have a big issue with consistencies with food and drinks and these slim fast drinks are very thick. I was only able to make it through half of that slim fast before I just couldn’t drink anymore. By about 2pm I was getting really hungry so I decided that I would try my second slim fast. This time I chose strawberry. Again at the start it tasted good but the more I drank the yuckier it tasted. I was actually able to get through most of this can and I called it good. I had a few more carrots as a snack and then I was off to work out.
The workout was the same as last week even though I had very little to eat. I didn’t get that tired so I hope that continues through the week. I may have found a contributing factor into my 1 pound weight gain. My monthly friend came early well actually within a week of the last visit so I do believe that had something to do with the extra weight. I weighed myself before I worked out today on the gym scale and I was down 2 pounds from where I was last week so that is encouraging but the scale at the gym is about 4-5 pounds more than my scale at home says. I really need to not focus on weighing myself every day. I have decided that I will only allow myself to weigh twice a week. Once at the start and once at the end of the week. I have also decided that I can’t look at this crazy diet as 3 whole weeks or I will fail. So I will be looking at it one week at a time. I just have to get through this week and then I will focus on next week.
So I guess so far so good seeing how it is only the first day. We will see how the rest of the week goes.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work and remember to take it one week at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put your slimfast in the freezer for a while before you drink it, makes it slushy and tastes better.

    ReplyDelete