Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Here I go....

Well I am less than 12 hours away from my surgery! I went to the Dr yesterday for the dreaded weigh in and let me tell you it was quit anticlimactic. First of all as soon as I got in the nurse headed for the scale as usual and she asked how things were going. I told her that I knew where I was as far as weight loss so I wouldn’t be surprised by the number. She looked at the scale and said “10 pounds good job.” That was it nothing about how I didn’t make the 15 pound goal that was asked of me just “good job.” After she took my vitals she said the Dr would be in soon and asked if everything else was going ok. I told her that I was worried about not meeting my 15 pound goal and she said “oh don’t worry about that you still have a couple of days before surgery.” In my head I am thinking there is no way that I will be able to lose 5 pounds in 2 days. And then she continued saying “you still lost 10 so that is good.” The Dr came in and took one look at my chart and said “looks like you lost 10 pounds good job.” It appears that everything went good with the diet.” Again, nothing in regards to the fact that I didn’t make the number that was expected. I was too busy thinking to myself about why they were not making a bigger deal about this then I thought that they would I didn’t get a chance to even ask why they gave me that number in the first place.
After my 10 minute appointment I was sent upstairs to get pre-registered. I have not gone through this process before so I had no idea what I was even going there to do. Basically they do all the prep work that usually happens in the hospital before surgery. They took all my vitals, went over my medical history, went over the million things that they have to cover, and then I was done. The whole process took about a little over an hour. Doing this beforehand allows me to walk in tomorrow and get my little wrist band and head straight to pre-op which is pretty nice not to have to wait around for a few hours before surgery. So the plan for tomorrow is I have to be the hospital at 6am…ugh surgery time is at 730am(first surgery of the day YAY) I do get to shower beforehand but I can’t wear any lotion, deodorant, hair products, or makeup. I am going to be one hot tired mess in the morning. Luckily the plan is to just sleep the rest of the day so I am not too worried. I probably won’t be functioning too much until Sat so I will post about my experience as soon as I can. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment