Saturday, April 25, 2009

4 Days until weigh in

Well I have 4 more days until my weigh in and I am getting a little nervous. I am down 9 pounds which I am super excited about but I still am supposed to lose 6 more in the next 4 days which I really don’t think is possible. I am just going to keep working hard these next few days so I can get as close as I can to the target weight. I had one weak moment this week where I ate a whole wheat Eggo waffle for dinner. I was really craving carbs that day and it was either eat the Eggo or down the whole bag of leftover Easter candy that my daughter has so I picked the lesser of the two evils. I was happy to see that the one Eggo didn’t really have any impact because I still lost another pound since that day. I am hardly feeling that hungry anymore which is nice. I am still pretty moody though. I cry at anything and I can be totally happy one minute and then yelling the next. I am sure that my family and friends don’t appreciate this but I hope that they understand. My workouts have become a lot easier this last week. I found myself actually wanting to go to the gym every day. It may have helped that I had a workout friend this week on some of the days. It is always good to have someone to work out with you to help the time go by faster. I did have one major accomplishment for myself this week; I did 45 min on the elliptical and got to 3 miles. I know that 45 min doesn’t seem like a lot but for me this was huge because before I could barely make it to 15 min without wanting to die. The most surprising thing was when I hit the 45 min mark I felt like I could go even longer and if it hadn’t been for having to go get my daughter I think I would have stayed on to see how long I really could go. I also didn’t want to push myself too much because I still wanted to be able to walk the next day!
I have so much to do this weekend that will help me get through this last long stretch. I never realized how much my weekends used to revolve around food. I don’t know why the vegetables are so easy to eat during the week but when the time the weekend gets here I don’t even want to taste a vegetable. Keeping busy is going to be the key. I will keep you updated as it gets closer to Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! 9 pounds is awesome - and I am sure you'll keep losing :-)

    ReplyDelete