Friday, April 3, 2009

5 days in

So I managed to make it through 5 consecutive days of working out after work this week and let me tell you it was not easy. Today was the worst day out of all of them. I don’t know why but my body was just not into it today. I think part of it is because when I weighed myself this morning I had a gained a pound! Yup you heard right 1 pound in the wrong direction. The trainer that set up my workout program warned me that this may happen and I have experienced it before when I first started working out in the past but for some reason I thought that this time may be different boy was I wrong. So after a week of only having a small diet soda with lunch, drinking TONS of water, and going a week straight without my beloved Moxie Milky Way and apple crumb muffin I am 1 pound in the negative.
In a panic I called my nurse to let her know I was worried about meeting my 15 pound goal by the 28th. She started off addressing my concerns and then quickly asked if I had started my required diet yet. Now I am more panicked because I was told not to start this diet until 2 weeks before surgery. She assured me that it should be started 3-4 weeks before surgery to make sure that I lose the weight required. The good news is I already was planning on starting the diet next week and she said that I should be fine if I do that. You may be wondering what this diet is all about let me explain…… Every day this is all I am allowed to have starting on Monday for the next three weeks:
1 eight ounce glass of non fat milk with 2 scoops of protein powder
3 slim fast drinks
All the vegetables I can eat (minus potatoes, corn, and white beans)
At least 60 ounces of water

Yup that’s right people that is all I am allowed. The purpose of this extreme diet is to make you lose weight quickly. You see, when you have this surgery they have to lift up your liver to get to the place they put the band. I guess that when you lose weight real fast the fat comes off your liver first. They want this to happen because if you have too much fat on your liver it can actually collapse on itself when they lift it (pretty scary and motivating)
There is a much more to this diet once the surgery is completed that I will go into more detail later as I get closer. So for now I am going to prepare for the beginning of my mainly liquid diet. Luckily I already bought the slim fast. I think the lady at the cash register thought I was crazy with my 11 cases of slim fast and my huge tub of protein powder. That is about it for today. Next week should be interesting and I am sure that I will have a lot to say or rather vent at that time. Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. HeeHee! I can just picture you at the checkout stand with all that slimfast and protein powder - that lady probably thought you were going a little crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete